Cooking time: 30 minutes
Serves: 6 persons
- 2 cup daal
- 5 and 1/2 cup water
- 2 and 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 and 1/2 tsp crushed red chilies
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 and 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 green chili for garnishing (cut into small piece)
- 4 tbsp cilantro (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 tsp crushed black pepper
Tip: For best results, use measuring utensils.
- Put daal in the pot in which you are cooking, wash it three to four times. Drain all the water. Now, add 5 cup water and put it on high heat.
- Add salt, crushed red chilies, turmeric powder, ginger paste and garlic paste. Mix and once it starts to boil, reduce the heat to low and let it cook for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, turn off the heat and mix it with a wooden spoon. Add fresh cilantro, black pepper, mix and cover.
- For Tarka: Take a fry pan, add oil and put it on medium heat. Add cumin seeds and fry until slightly golden. Add this into the cooked daal and cover it for 2 minutes. Daal Masoor is ready!
- While serving, add chopped green chili on top as garnishing. Serve with white rice. Enjoy!