Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 1/4 cup rice
- 1/4 cup daal moong
- 1 tbsp desi ghee
- 1/4 tsp salt (optional)
- 1/4 medium onion (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 pinch black pepper (optional)
- 1 1/2 cup water
Tip: For best results, use measuring utensils.
Note: 1 pinch is approx. 1/4 tsp.
- In a pot, mix the rice and daal. Wash it 3 to 4 times and then drain the water.
- Now, add 1 1/2 cup water and let it soak for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, add all the ingredients, mix and cook on high heat. Once it starts boiling, reduce the heat to low, cover and let it cook until the water dries (approx. 35 minutes). Mix once in between.
Especially good for toddlers who are just beginning solid food. Very soft and easy to swallow!