Cooking time: 58 minutes
Serves: 4 persons
- 3 lb spinach leaves (chopped)
- 1 lb mutton or chicken
- 1 tbsp fresh garlic (chopped)
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 medium sized onion (thin sliced)
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- 1/2 cup yogurt (whipped)
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp red crushed chilli’s
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp cornflour (mixed in 2 tsp water)
- 1/2 cup oil
Tip: For best results, use measuring utensils.
- Take a medium sized pot, put 1/2 tsp salt and all the spinach in it and let it boil for 20 minutes on medium heat. Mix once in between .
- Mean while take another pot, put 1/4 cup oil and fry onions on medium to high heat until golden. Now add cumin seeds, fresh chopped garlic , 1tbsp water and mutton and let it cook for 3-4 minutes. Reduce the heat to very low Then add turmeric powder, red crushed chilli’s , coriander powder, 1 tsp salt, ginger paste and tomatoes and cook until oil separates. Now add 2 cup water to this and let the meat cook on low heat until it becomes tender (approx. 30 minutes depending on the meat).
- Now drain the water from the boiled spinach and slightly mash/blend it in the pot or blender whatever is convenient. Now add 1/2 tsp salt, whipped yogurt and mix it well with the spinach.
- Add this spinach to the cooked meat when it starts cooking, add cornflour and cook for another one miute now add rest of the oil mix well and cover it and let it cook on low heat for 15 minutes.
- If after 15 minutes there is still water in the pot, increase the heat until the water dries and the oil separates. Add garam masala and cover it. Let it simmer for 5 minutes on very low heat and then turn off the heat. Serve with boiled or fried rice. Enjoy!