Cooking time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4-5 persons
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 lb keema
- 1 large onion (finely cut)
- 2 large tomatoes (chopped)
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 tsp fresh garlic (chopped)
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 green chili (chopped 1/2 inch cut)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 and 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 and 1/2 tsp crushed red chillies
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 tbsp cilantro (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 tsp crushed black pepper
Tip: For best results, use measuring utensils.
- Take a karahi, add oil and put it on medium heat. Add onions and fry till they are golden. Once golden, add garlic, cumin seeds and keema. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, ginger paste, turmeric powder, 1 tsp salt and crushed red chilis. Mix well, cover and let it cook for another 5 minutes on medium heat.
- During the 5 minutes, peel potatoes and cut them into ‘D’ shaped pieces, with 1/2 inch thickness each. Put them in a bowl of water and leave aside.
- Uncover the keema and cook it with a wooden spoon until the oil separates. Reduce the heat to very low and add 1 cup boiling water. Drain the water from the potatoes and add them into the keema. Add the remaining 1/2 tsp salt, mix and cover. Cook on low heat for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, add cilantro and crushed black pepper. Mix and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Your delicious keema is ready.
- While serving, add 1 chopped green chili on top as garnishing. Serve with fresh roti or naan. Enjoy!