Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1 cup mixed vegetables (chopped)
- 1 tbsp desi ghee
- 1/4 tsp garlic paste
- 1 and 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt (optional)
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper (optional)
Tip: For best results, use measuring utensils.
- In a pot, wash the rice 3 to 4 times. Drain the water completely.
- Now, add 1 and 1/4 cup water and let it soak for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, add all the vegetables and ingredients, mix and cook on high heat. Once it starts boiling, reduce the heat to low, cover it and let it cook until the water dries (approx. 20 minutes). Mix once in between.
Especially good for toddlers who are just beginning solid food. Very soft and easy to swallow.