Cooking time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 persons
- 1 and 1/2 lb okra
- 2 medium onions (finely sliced)
- 3 medium tomatoes (finely sliced)
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp anaar dana powder
- 1 and 1/2 tsp crushed red chillis
- 1 and 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2-3 green chillis (with a single straight cut down the center)
- 1/4 cup oil
Tip: For best results, use measuring utensils.
Note: Cut the okra into small pieces like shown in the picture below (at the back)
- In a karahi, add oil and fry onions on high heat. Once they start becoming golden, push the onions to the edges of the karahi and add the okra in the center and fry for a minute. Now, mix the onions and okra together and fry for another 4 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and add tomatoes, garlic paste, ginger paste, anaar dana powder, crushed red chillis, salt and turmeric powder. Mix well and increase the heat to medium.
- Let it cook till the okra becomes tender and all the extra moisture dries. Add green chillis on top. Enjoy with homemade roti.