Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 persons
- 1/2 cup sooji
- 1/4 cup desi ghee (or any oil)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cup boiling water
- 3 tbsp coconut (shredded)
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 12 almonds (finely sliced)
Tip: For best results, use measuring utensils.
- Add sugar in boiling water. Mix well and keep aside.
- Take a karahi and put on medium heat. Add desi ghee. Once it becomes hot, add cardamom powder,sooji and fry till the sooji is golden brown (about 5 to 6 minutes). Now slowly add the sugar mixture into this. Stir fry untill the water dries (about 3 to 4 minutes).
- Add raisins and coconut. Mix well, cover and let it simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with almonds before serving.