Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 1 chicken drumstick (big size)
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
- 1/2 small onion (chopped)
- 2 tsp desi gee
- 1 tsp garlic paste
Tip: For best results, use measuring utensils.
- In a pot, add 1 tsp desi ghee, 1/4 tsp salt, black pepper, garlic, onions, chicken drum stick, 2 cup water and put on high heat. Once it starts boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low. Let it cook for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, about 1 and 1/2 cup of chicken broth should remain in the pot. If need be, add a little more water.
- Remove all the meat from the chicken using a fork and add it back into the pot.
- Increase the heat to high, add 1 tsp desi ghee, 1/4 tsp salt and rice. Once it starts boiling, reduce the heat to low. Let it cook till the water dries and the rice is fully cooked (about 30 minutes).
Ideal for toddlers as it is very soft and easy to swallow.