Cooking time: 23 minutes
Servings: 14 kebabs
- 1/2 lb minced beef
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 2 medium potatoes (chopped)
- 1 tbsp desi ghee
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (optional)
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 egg
- 1 bread slice (make crumbs)
- 1 tbsp cilantro (finely chopped)
Tip: For best results, use measuring utensils.
- In a saucepan, add water, potatoes, onions, meat, garlic salt, desi ghee, and black pepper in this order. Cover and put on high heat. Once it starts cooking, reduce the heat to low and let it cook for 20 minutes till the potatoes are done, mix once in between . After 20 minutes, if there is still some water, increase the heat to dry the water.
- Mash every thing with a masher while its hot. Cool down the mixture by refrigerating it for a few minutes.
- Add egg, bread crumbs and cilantro into the mixture and mix well using your hand. Make round kebabs (about 14). You can fry right away or freeze for later. Remember to defrost the frozen kebabs before frying.