Cooking time: 70 minutes
Serves: 4 persons
- 1lb mutton
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 medium onions (finely sliced)
- 3 medium tomatoes (finely sliced)
- 2-3 medium potatoes
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 3 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 and 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp crushed red chilis
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 5 and 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
Tip: For best results, use measuring utensils.
- Peal potatoes and cut each of them into 4 pieces. Dip in water and keep aside.
- Take a pot, add oil and onions. Fry on medium to high heat until golden brown.
- Reduce the heat to low, add garlic paste, mutton and fry for 4-5 minutes on medium heat, add cumin seeds, ginger paste, 1 tsp salt, turmeric powder, crush chilis, coriander powder, tomatoes and cover it for 5 minutes to soften the tomatoes.
- Uncover (after 5 minutes) and stir fry till the oil separates.
- Add 5 and 1/2 cup boiling water, mix it well, reduce the heat to low, cover it and let it cook until the meat tenders (about 30 minutes) depending on meat.
- Once the meat is done, uncover add potatoes,1 and 1/4 tsp salt, once it start cooking reduce heat to low, cover it and cook until the potatoes are done (about 15 minutes). Turn off the heat. Add 1/4 tsp garam masala, cilantro and mix it gently.
Enjoy with boiled rice!