Cooking time: 55 minutes
Servings: 18 kebabs
- 1 lb beef (2 inch cut pieces)
- 1 cup daal channa
- 1 medium onion (1 inch diced)
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 and 1/2 tsp crushed red chilis
- 1 and 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp corn flour
- 2 large green chilis (chopped)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 3 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
- Wash daal 3 to 4 times, drain all water and soak it in 2 cup water for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes take a pot, add daal along with water, beef, onion, ginger paste, garlic paste in this order and put it on high heat. Once it starts boiling, reduce heat to low and let it cook till the beef tenders (about 50 minutes, depending on meat). Mix once in between.
- When the meat is done and there is still some water left, increase heat to dry it.
- Mash it properly with a masher while its hot. cool down the mixture by refrigerating it for a few minutes.
- Add green chilis, salt, crushed chilis, cumin seeds, corn flour, black pepper, garam masala, cilantro, egg and mix it well with hands.
- Now make kebabs (about 18) with the help of your palms.
- You can fry right away or freeze for later. Remember to defrost the frozen kebabs before frying.
Enjoy with Zabardast Chutni!