Cooking time: 60 minutes
Serves: 4 persons
- 2 lb toriyan (cut into slices, like shown in picture below)
- 1 lb mutton
- 1 tbsp fresh garlic (chopped)
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 medium onion (finely sliced)
- 3 medium to large tomatoes (finely sliced)
- 2 and 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/4 cup and 2 tbsp oil
Tip: For best results, use measuring utensils.
- Take a pot, put 1/4 cup oil and fry onions on medium to high heat until golden.
- Now add cumin seeds, fresh chopped garlic, 1 tbsp water and mutton and let it cook for 3-4 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, then add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, 1 tsp salt, ginger paste and cook until oil separates.
- Add 1 cup water, toriyan, 1 and 1/4 tsp salt and tomatoes on top of it. Once it starts cooking, reduce heat to low and cook till the meat tenders (about 40 minutes).
- If the meat is done and there is still some water left, increase the heat to dry it. Mix it properly with a wooden spoon, Add garam masala and 2 tbsp oil, mix it once and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
Enjoy with boiled rice!