Cooking time: 45 minutes
Serves: 4 persons
- 1 and 1/2 lb boneless chicken (small pieces)
- 3 medium tomatoes (finely sliced)
- 2 medium onion (finely sliced)
- 1 and 1/2 lb bell peppers (sliced into small pieces, shown in picture below)
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
Tip: For best results, use measuring utensils.
- Take a karahi, add oil and onions, put on high heat. Fry until golden (about 7-8 minutes).
- Add cumin seeds, garlic paste and chicken, fry a little (about 3 minutes).
- Reduce heat to medium, add tomatoes, 1 tsp salt, red chilis, turmeric powder, ginger paste, cover and let it cook for 5 minutes to soften tomatoes. After 5 minutes, uncover, increase heat to high and stir fry until oil separates.
- Add bell peppers along with 1 tsp salt, mix and cover and let it cook on low heat for 13 minutes.
- Uncover after 13 minutes, increase heat and stir fry till oil separates. Add garam masala. Turn off heat and enjoy with home made chappati.