Cooking time: 40 minutes
Serves: 4 persons
- 1 lb keema
- 3 medium potatoes (peeled and cut into half inch round slices)
- 2 medium onions (chopped)
- 3 medium tomatoes (chopped)
- 4 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
- 1 large green chili (cut into small pieces)
- 1 yellow lemon (cut into round thin slices)
- 1 tbsp garlic (chopped)
- 1 tbsp ginger (chopped)
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 and 1/2 tsp crush red chilis
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 3 tsp anaar dana powder
Tip: For best results, use measuring utensils.
- Take a frying pan, add 1 tbsp oil, put on heat, spread all potatoe slices on it, sprinkle 1/2 pinch salt on them, Cover it and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Uncover, turn over all potatoes and sprinkle 1/2 pinch salt again, , cover it again and let it simmer for another 5 minutes, turn off heat and keep aside.
- Take a karahi, add oil and put on high heat, fry onions until they are a little golden (about 7 minutes).
- Add garlic and ground meat and cook for five minutes. Add cumin seeds, fry a little then add tomatoes, ginger paste, turmeric powder, crush chilis, 1 and 1/2 tsp salt, stir fry on high heat until oil separates.
- Add anaar dana powder, green chili, cilantro, potatoes and 1/4 tsp salt. Mix it gentrly, put lemon slices on top, cover it and let it simmer untill potatoes done,(about 5 to 10 minutes), on low heat. Before serving, squeeze half of the lemon slices, mix it and enjoy with naan.