Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup rice (wash and soak for 30 minutes)
- 1 chicken cube (dissolved in 1 and 1/2 cup water)
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp desi ghee
- 1/2 pinch black pepper
Tip: For best results, use measuring utensils.
Note: 1/4 tsp is equal to 1 pinch
- In a pan, add desi ghee and fry onion on medium heat until it turns golden.
- Add cumin seeds and the chicken cube dissolved in water and let it boil.
- Add rice, black pepper and cook till it starts boiling. Reduce the heat to low and let it cook till the water dries (about 15 minutes)
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes on very low heat. Rice are ready to enjoy!