Cooking time: 55 minutes
- 1 lb boneless chicken
- 1 cup daal channa (wash and soak in 2 cup water for 30 minutes)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 4 medium green chilis (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 and 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp crushed red chilis
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 and 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 eggs
Tip: For best results, use measuring utensils.
- Put daal and the water it was soaked in on high heat. Once is starts boiling, reduce the heat to medium to low until daal is cooked (about 20 minutes).
- In a separate sauce pan, add boneless chicken, ginger paste, garlic paste, and put on medium to low heat until tender (about 10 minutes).
- Take the cooked daal and grind it in a chopper.
- Shred the chicken using your hands (see the picture below).
- Mix the daal, chicken and all other remaining ingredients together. Add egg and mix it well.
- Now make the kebabs according to the size you like using your palms.
- Freeze them separately and take out as needed. Fry just before serving. Enjoy with chilli tomato sauce or Zabardast Chutni.