Cooking time: 40 minutes
Serves: 4 to 5 persons
- 1 lb ground meat
- 1/4 cup oil
- 4 medium onions (2 finely sliced and 2 finely chopped)
- 3 medium tomatoes (finely sliced)
- 2 green chillis (finely chopped)
- 3-4 potatoes
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 3 tbsp cilantro (roughly chopped)
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 2 and 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 and 1/4 tsp crushed red chillis
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 cup boiling water
Tip: For best results, use measuring utensils
- In a bowl, add ground meat, 2 chopped onions, green chillis, 1 tsp cumin seeds, egg, cornflour, 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp crushed red chillis and mix well. Keep aside.
- Peal potatoes and cut each into 4 pieces. Dip in water and keep aside.
- Take a pot, add oil and 2 sliced onions. Fry on medium heat until they are golden brown.
- Reduce the heat to low and add cumin seeds, ginger paste, garlic paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder, 1 and 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp crushed red chillis, tomatoes , Cover and cook until the tomatoes soften. Uncover, increase the heat to medium and cook until the oil separates.
- Reduce the heat to very low. Make balls out of the ground meat mixture and add into the pot as you go along. Once all the meat balls have been added, cover it for 10 to 20 seconds and then mix gently while shaking the pot. Once balls are formed . Add boiling water into the pot (make sure not to damage the balls). Mix well. Increase the heat to high and add the potatoes. Once it starts boiling, reduce the heat to low. Cover and let it cook for about 15 minutes until the potatoes are done. Turn off the heat. Add ground black pepper and cilantro.