Cooking time: 65 minutes
Serves: 4 to 6 persons
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 and 1/2 lb chicken (karahi cut)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 red tomato (chopped)
- 6 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 and 1/2 inch ginger piece (chopped)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp red chillis powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 cups whipped yogurt
- 1 large green chili (chopped)
Tip: For best results, use measuring utensils.
- Add chicken into the whipped yogurt and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Blend onion, ginger, garlic, green chili and cilantro into a smooth paste. If necessary, add a small amount of water.
- In a karahi, add oil and put on medium heat. Add the blended mixture into the karahi and fry for 4 to 5 minutes. Add turmeric powder, garam masala, salt and red chilli powder and fry for another2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes cover it and let it simmer for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes increase heat and cook with a wooden spoon till oil seperats, Add the chicken and cook for another 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, increase the heat to thicken if necessary. Serve hot with naan or rice.